A £40k Investment for Inclusion Unit Refurbishment
- Key Issues: A store of the DT department was not used to capacity and needed to be converted to accommodate a much needed space for an inclusion unit at the Academy
- Project Value: £40k
- Delivery: 5 week programme completed Dec 20
- Contractor: Hill Interior Ltd
Opportunities and benefits
- Complete refurbishment of the space with a separate office and disable toilet.
- Improved accessed and external works
- Provision of a dedicated unit for pupils to access safely at the School
- Retention of services as necessary and upgrade of the heating using existing distribution to minimize costs.
Before & After Photos
Inclusion Unit Refurbishment
“The previous space was unloved, uncared for and not used. The academy did not have an Inclusion Hub, which we were desperate for. Now the children have an excellent space they can develop as an Inclusion Hub.
“The contractors were excellent to work with. They went over and above to find creative solutions for the academy and ensure we got the best deal from our budget.”