The Trust Network (TTN) considers the privacy of your data carefully and seriously. This notice describes how TTN handles any personal information that it collects. Such information may include your past use of our website. Personal information, is information about you that is personally identifiable. This could include your name or email address that is not otherwise publicly available.
This notice does not apply to the practices of companies that TTN does not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
This privacy notice sets out how TTN use and protect any information that you provide when you use this website.
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to the TTN website, so when you navigate to other websites you should read their own privacy notices.
What we Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name of website user
- Contact information including email address and optionally a telephone number.
- Other information, which could include, for example, voluntary surveys or event evaluations (detail of which will be specified on the website/form in question where additional consent will be sought)
How we collect information:
We may collect information from you whenever you contact us or have any involvement with us for example when you:
- visit our website
- enquire about our activities or services
- sign up to receive news about our activities
- attend a meeting with us and provide us with information
- take part in our events
- contact us in any way including online, email, phone, SMS, social media or post
Where we collect information from:
We collect information from you when you give it to us directly: you may provide your details when you ask us for information, attend our events or contact us for any other reason. Your information may be collected by an organisation we are working with, but we are still responsible for your information.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information in order to process your enquiry via a contact form, for record keeping and internal analysis for advertising or marketing purposes. By providing us with your details you are agreeing for us to send you information pertaining to your enquiry by either post, telephone or email.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you if you no longer wish to be contacted. Your information will be kept for no more than twenty-four months, after which time it will be destroyed.
Use of aggregated data
Where data can be aggregated (and anonymised), we may use this for research purposes without restriction.
For example, we may monitor customer traffic patterns, Site and Services usage and related information in order to optimise users’ usage of the Site and Services and we may give aggregated statistics to a reputable third-party.
We are entitled to do this because the resulting data will not personally identify you and will therefore no longer constitute personal data for the purposes of data protection laws
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We will not share your information with any third parties without your permission.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Our legal basis for processing your information
The use of your information for the purposes set out above is lawful because one or more of the following applies:
- Where you have provided information to us for the purposes of requesting information or requesting that we carry out a service for you, we will proceed on the basis that you have given consent to us using the information for that purpose, based on the way that you provided the information to us. You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing us using the details below. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your information prior to your withdrawal of consent being received and actioned.
- It is necessary for us to hold and use your information so that we can carry out our obligations under a contract entered into with you or to take steps you ask us to prior to entering into a contract.
- Where the purpose of our processing is the provision of information or services to you, we may also rely on the fact that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in relation to providing the information or service requested, and given that you have made the request, would presume that there is no prejudice to you in our fulfilling your request.
If you want to contact us about your marketing preferences please contact us using the details set out below.
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this website. You should check on a regular basis to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This privacy notice was last updated on 31 July 2018
You have the right to request details of the processing activities that we carry out with your personal information through making a subject access request. Such requests have to be made in writing.
You also have the following rights:
- The right to request rectification of information that is inaccurate or out of date
- The right to erasure of your information (known as the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to restrict the way in which we are dealing with and using your information, and
- The right to request that your information be provided to you in a format that is secure and suitable for re-use (known as the “right to portability”)
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling including profiling for marketing purposes
To exercise any of these rights, you should contact our data protection officer at the below address.
If you are not happy with the way in which we have processed or dealt with your information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details about how to complain can be found here.
You have the right to:
- Ask for access to your personal information
- Ask for rectification of the information we hold about you
- Ask for the erasure of information about you
- Ask for our processing of your personal information to be restricted
- Data portability
- Object to us processing your information.
If you want to use your rights, for example, by requesting a copy of the information which we hold about you, or by asking us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO). Contact details below.
For those that subscribe to any TTN newsletters that are distributed via MailChimp, as a subscriber you are able to opt out at any time should you wish to no longer receive the newsletter(s).
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or about the information we hold about you:
Tel: 0121 262 4725
Post: One Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1DB
See our separate Cookies information using the link at the bottom of this page.