Bookings will soon be closing for our national conference taking place at Corby Technical School on 11th March 2020, so if you would like to attend please get in touch
Due to the recent news that Lord Agnew has moved on from his role as an education minister, we are pleased to now confirm that Rory Kennedy (Director of Capital at Department for Education) will deliver the keynote session on ‘Academy Trusts and their buildings – meeting the challenges’.
The agenda for the day will include:
• Simon Lindsay, Department for Education: Update – Supporting School Estate Management
• Stephen Morales, The Institute of School Business Leadership (ISBL): Competency Frameworks and Professionalisation of the sector
• Rory Kennedy, Department for Education: Keynote – Academy Trusts and their buildings – meeting the challenges
• Workshop 1: Strategic Estate Management – a look at the importance placed on Strategic Asset Management, with a brief overview of DfE guidance (Reappraise Consulting)
• Workshop 2: Land & Building Consent – understanding the drivers behind the land consent regime, and how to make a comprehensive application (DfE)
• Workshop 3: Making Buildings Smart: Using ‘Internet of Things’ technology to help manage compliance and energy efficiency (Barker Associates / Elastacloud)
• Workshop 4: GEMS Guidance 2: Testing session – an opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions on proposed enhancements for the Department’s Good Estate Management resources (DfE)
• Workshop 5: Using the new Education Estates Working Group (EEWG) Competency Frameworks in reality (TTN/EEWG)
• Workshop 6: What can the RPA (Risk Protection Arrangement) do for you? – an overview of the RPA, it’s services and development (DfE)
In addition to this hugely packed agenda, there will also be plenty of opportunities for networking with peers and visiting our exhibition floor to learn more from our carefully selected suppliers and professional bodies. Exhibitors this year will include DfE, CIPFA, ISBL, IWFM, The Energy Consortium, School Property Matters, Barker Associates, EO Consulting, YPO, ESPO, CPC, Commercial Services KCS, Schools Buying Club, Education Buying, Every, Bellrock, Net Zero Buildings and Langley Waterproofing amongst others.
If you would like to enquire about booking a place please contact us.