- Key Issues: In 2020 investments at the academy focused on the replacement of two science labs to address condition concerns including M&E, finishes and fixed furniture.
- Project Value: £160k
- Delivery: 6 week programme completed Aug ‘20
- Architect & CA: PCH / Shield Interior
- Contractor: Shield Interior
Opportunities and benefits
- The trust worked with PCH to procure the works at the academy. Due to budget pressures packages were separated to afford the refurbishment of 2no science labs.
- The science department requires a number of rooms to be replaced but this year concentrated on the two rooms linked to the 2019 phase
Before & After Photos
Refurbishment science classrooms
“We are committed to raising the aspirations of our students and the local community, and delivering a first-class education. This work is part of a multiple phase refurbishment programme to ensure our students have an educational environment that both facilitates their learning and inspires them to achieve their full potential. Students and staff will benefit hugely, as we take another step on our journey from ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’
“The work completed to date as part of the phased approach has had an incredible impact on ethos and the quality of teaching and learning.”ACADEMY PRINCIPAL